Monday 14 April 2008

An afternoon of discovery

Following on from my previous post, here are further images from my Jetty Series , some of which appeared in the "Connecting Threads" exhibition.

My work evolves from my life experiences. Walking the length of the Bussleton Jetty on a bleak grey afternoon, I was drawn by the unfolding stories in the jetty’s surface.
IMG_6074_400

They spoke of life.
IMG_5542_400

The jetty is aged and weathered, bearing the scars of hard times and makeshift repairs. IMG_5561_crop_400

There is evidence of the occasional left hand turn IMG_5587_400

and even a little blood letting. IMG_5548_400

The jetty wears all these marks with dignity and grace. A lifetime of hard experience has enriched this wonderful old structure, ensuring that an afternoon spent in its company is a deeply rewarding experience.

3 comments:

The Restless Knitter said...

Hi Wendy.
Thanks for your advice and comments. As it turned out I really didn't get a feeling for that theme and decided to give it a miss. No point forcing work out for the sake of it!

Lyric said...

lovely photography - and congratulations on the studio space! What a wonderful opportunity!

Wen said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the mind gives it meaning. Your wonderings give substance to my soul. thank you.